The level of acidity (pH) of the vagina is normal between 3.8 up to 4.5. These levels tend to increase in menstrual blood pH increased as well. This is what causes vaginal yeast growth increased during the period of the coming months. Symptoms of this infection usually occur about a week before menstruation.
Due to vaginal Infections, women faced the risk of this disease
Some examples of this type of infection that can strike the vaginal area include:
- Chlamydia (chlamydia): sexually transmitted disease caused by the bacteria Chlamydia trachomatis. In women, the disease can infect the anus, cervix, or throat. Transmission of the disease occurred through sexual intercourse with an infected partner.
- Yeast infection or candidiasis: caused by the fungus Candida this is often associated with the appearance of irritation, itching, and swelling.
- Gonorrhea: a sexually transmitted disease due to Neisseria gonorrhea bacteria.
- Bacterial vaginitis: a mild infection of the vagina due to bacteria. This condition occurs because of an imbalance of good and bad bacteria in the vagina.
- Vaginitis viral: one of the disease causing virus infection herpes simplex virus.
- Non infection / allergies.
Basically, the risk of vaginal infection time of menstruation can be reduced by various simple ways, such as replacing the pads on a regular basis and keep clean the vagina. In addition, give extra time when taking a bath to cleanse the area of femininity from a pile of blood and fluids.
While prevention can be done every day by keeping the vagina is still dry, do not use the pants are too tight, wash the vagina from front to back after urinating, to use condoms when sexual intercourse.
Use of vaginal cleansers Providone Iodine when menstruation
Use liquid cleansers for vaginal thus often associated with negative effects, such as bacterial vaginosis, pelvic inflammatory disease, infertility, cervical cancer even. This condition is generally due to liquid cleaners eliminate the normal vaginal flora that will trigger the growth of pathogenic bacteria. Pathogenic bacteria which can then cause inflammation.
Different from vaginal cleanser in general, cleaners containing povidone-iodine can act significantly reduces bacteria thanks to function like an antiseptic. In addition a study found that the use of povidone-iodine in women with vaginal irritation can reduce negative symptoms of vaginal infection, such as vaginal fluid smelled unpleasant, painful, and other inconveniences.
If other cleansers may be able to cause bacterial resistance, povidone-iodine is proven not to cause resistance. In addition, Research Professor of Pathology found that cleaner povidone-iodine could be beneficial vaginal ecological returns back to normal.
Read the rules of use before using vaginal Cleanser with povidone-iodine. First consult a doctor if you are pregnant, planning to become pregnant, breastfeeding, have any allergies, or are taking certain medications.